Tips for jewelry protection
You always have to handle jewelry with care. The silver and gold pieces are made from metal with a silver- or goldplated coating. We use metals from designers quality, but the coating color can change with the time. Here are some tips to keep your jewels beautiful as long as possible:
- Do not let your jewelry make contact with moist. As a result, the metals can discolor. So don’t wear them while showering, cleaning, exercising, sunbathing, etc. and do not store them in a humid place. If the jewelry accidentally have become wet, dry them immediately.
- Always take of your jewelry while sleeping.
- Be careful with perfume, body lotion and other cosmetics. Cosmetics can lead to rapid discoloration of the metals.
- If you don’t wear your jewelry, store them properly. It’s best to keep them in a sealed bag or box. This prevents discolouration by contact with light and air. You also prevent your jewelry from becoming tangled.
- Every skin is different: due to differences in skin acid, the discoloration can vary from person to person.
- A quick tip to prevent discoloration: Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish over the metal parts and let it dry thoroughly. This gives an extra protective layer to enjoy your jewelry even longer!
Do you have questions about maintaining your jewelry or the materials? Please contact us.